The LIGNAMATIC — CNC
Timber Processing Center
LIGNAMATIC is the world's first fully automated CNC-controlled timber processing
With its impressive quality and flexibility, the LIGNAMATIC's unique process
capabilities can determine your place in the market and position you for enduring
With the LIGNAMATIC, you can perform joinery processes such as saw cuts,
drilling, length processing, pockets, mortises, housings, chamfers, rabbets and
even planing, on all timber surfaces without rotation
of the timber.
Timbers as wide as 3 feet by 5 feet can be processed individually,
in pairs or in bundles. For example, a dozen rafters can be cut as one single
unit, ready for installation.
With the LIGNAMATIC, you can continue to pursue the age-old craft of timberframing
with added productivity and precision, while opening new doors to infinite
possibilities in construction and design.
Intelligent CNC automation increases your competitiveness
LIGNAMATIC CNC-timber processing center, at Waldstatt (Switzerland).
The processing area is 150’ long and is designed to process timber up
to 70’ in length.
The LIGNAMATIC is a universally operational CNC processing robot and a
high-tech timber joinery machine for innovative and creative timber structures.
From high quality traditional timber frames to curved or round log details,
solariums, stairs or seating, to the challenges of structural building
and bridge components and highly precise glue-lam structures, LIGNAMATIC
can do the job.
- You perform several steps simultaneously - and masterfully.
- All your products are highly profitable.
- You are
flexible and future-oriented.
- You can adjust to changing market demands quickly
- You can satisfy individual customer needs with a high quality product
What are the reasons for LIGNAMATIC's success?
- All timbers to be cut are secured to the
transport system from the first process to the last with no re-gripping
or rotations necessary. This guarantees high CNC precision even with rough-sawn
or curved timbers.
- Up to 12 timbers can be loaded and processed simultaneously, resulting
in short processing time and high profitability on all inventories. CNC robot
technology and a 15-position tool magazine give you great flexibility. Even
timbers with complex processes are ready for installation when cut with the
- As a LIGNAMATIC user you belong to the elite of heavy timber manufacturers.
You take advantage of an incomparable piece of equipment and you can
enjoy exchanging experiences with other LIGNAMATIC owners.
Your power is the long tradition of the timber manufacturing trade
Why does CNC technology and automated manufacturing increase your competitiveness?
- Highest productivity without wasted cuts.
- Constant quality and top precision with motivated crew.
- Ready to install products, directly off the machine with optimized processing
sequences, needing a minimum of space.
The tool magazine can hold up to 15 tools
of different kinds and sizes.
Tool administration is organized directly in
the controlling software.
The machine chooses and changes tools
automatically during production.
Successful products determine your position in the market
With the multi-functional LIGNAMATIC production tool, you will secure your
position in the marketplace and open the gates to new opportunities,
- flexibility in your production line and unlimited potential to
meet application requirements.
- minimal time needed for preparation and adjustment
of the equipment to manufacture new products.
- the easiest possible transfer of conventional and unique customer ideas
into fascinating and innovative timber structures.
Your environment is industrial manufacturing
CIM (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) is the future in the timber industry.
The integration of computer animated design with CAD-CAM systems and structural
analysis programs, data transfer into project management and pricing solutions,
and the direct interface into the LIGNAMATIC production software results in:
- just-in-time production with accurate time management;
- optimized organization and production;
- optimally efficient flow of computer data;
- taking full advantage of CAD-CAM capabilities and transforming
them into constructive solutions.
LIGNAMATIC CNC timber joinery machine for innovative and creative timber